Susan Lawrence Nursery
Susan Lawrence Nursery
At Susan Lawrence Nursery we always focus on giving children the best learning opportunities to develop and grow
We provide care for children aged 6 months to 5 years old, Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm, and we are open all year round.
We offer FREE childcare places for children aged 2, 3 & 4 years of age*
*subject to eligibility
We have planned a daily routine to help guide us through the day, however this is completely flexible and will be adjusted to the individual needs of children as needed. Below is an example of the daily routine at our Nursery.
- 8am - 9.15am - Children arrive and are greeted
- 8am - 9am - Breakfast
- 9.15am - 9.30am - Circle time (hello, days of the week song etc)
- 9.30am - 9.45am - Tooth-brushing
- 9.45am - 10am - Group time
- 10am - 10.30am - Snack (children supported in hand washing)
- 10am - 11.15am - Indoor and outdoor free play ( structured and supported by staff)
- 11.15am - 11.30am - Tidy up and hand washing for lunch
- 11.30am - 12pm - Lunch Time
- 12pm - Younger children nap
- 12pm - 1pm - Free play ( structured and supported by staff)
- 12.50pm - 1pm - Morning children prepare to leave and afternoon children arrive and are greeted
- 1pm - 1.30pm - Circle time (hello, days of the week song etc)
- 1.30pm - 1.45pm - Tooth-brushing
- 1.45pm - 2pm - Group time with key worker
- 2pm - 2.30pm - Snack (children supported in hand washing)
- 2pm - 3.45pm - Indoor and outdoor free play ( structured and supported by staff)
- 3.45pm - 4pm - Tidy up and hand washing for tea
- 4pm - 4.30pm - Tea Time
- 4.30pm - 5.15pm - Free play ( structured and supported by staff)
- 5.15pm - 5.30pm - Tidy up time
- 5.30pm - 6pm - Story time and children go home
At Susan Lawrence Nursery we have a great focus on Healthy Eating. All our lunches are provided by The Nursery Catering Company. The meals are prepared and cooked with fresh and healthy ingredients and then packaged and blast frozen to ensure it keeps all its healthy goodness. They offer a wide selection of healthy-balanced meals which are rotated and give children a great eating experience.
Our tea is prepared by our team at the nursery setting and again all meals are freshly prepared with a focus on providing healthy-balanced meals. We work very closely with the Early Start Nutrition team who support with our menu planning.
We can cater for most dietary requirements including allergies, halal, vegetarian etc. Please speak with the nursery manager for further information.
Below is a sample selection of food available from The Nursery Catering Company.
Chicken Curry with Rice & Lasagne
Martina Kempster – Nursery Manager
I have a level 3 childcare diploma in children and young people’s workforce. I have worked in the education sector since 2006 in many roles leading up to my current role as manager at Susan Lawrence Nursery. From my extensive past experiences I have gained great understanding and knowledge of child development.
Working with children and developing their learning has always been a passion of mine. I believe all childcare practitioners have a duty to provide the best quality of learning for the children in their care, and help every child to achieve their full potential. I always strive to ensure that we deliver a high quality service at all times.
Where to find us
Need to give some feedback?
Early Start always wants to hear from our families, if you have a question, issue or best of all a compliment please get in touch!
Need some more information?
Contact Susan Lawrence Nursery using the button below - Alternatively call us on 020 8478 6689