Interested in a Career with Early Start?
Take a look at our latest job opportunities with Early Start
Child Contact Supervisor
We run a busy Family Contact Centre in E7 working with social workers, foster carers and the children and families who use our services. Our centre is open from Monday to Saturday from 10am to 6pm and we are looking for a sessional contact supervisors who can offer flexible times within this hours to join…
We run a busy Family Contact Centre in E7 working with social workers, foster carers and the children and families who use our services. Our centre is open from Monday to Saturday from 10am to 6pm and we are looking for a sessional contact supervisors who can offer flexible times within this hours to join our team. We can offer up to full-time hours on a weekly basis dependent on your availability and would need you to be available for a minimum of 14 hours a week to be considered for the role.
Benefits of joining us include
- Competitive rates of pay, increasing after successful completion of the probationary period
- Holiday pay and option to join the local authority pension scheme
- Training, supervision and support
- Childcare discount.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Observe and facilitate contacts between children and families who are in proceedings and or the care of the local authority; managing risk and intervening as necessary to safeguard children
- Supervise contacts within the centre, via video links and or in the community
- To write contact reports to an agreed format; making accurate observations and recordings of each session
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Children and working as part of a team.
Experience & Skills Required
- NVQ level 2 or above relevant to working with children and families
- Experience of working with children and families, ideally gained as a Child Contact Supervisor
- Knowledge/experience of child development and parenting
- Good communication and report writing skills
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment
- All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and an annual Childcare Disqualification Disclosure.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions)(Amendment) Order 1986We would draw your attention to the following statement: "Because of the nature of the work for which you are applying, this post is exempt from the provisions of Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, 1974, by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) (Amendment) Order 1986. Applications are, therefore, not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent' under the provisions of the Act".
- Zero hours contract
- £13.96 per hour
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate
- London Borough of Newham, Greater London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Diploma of Higher Education (preferred)