Our friendly and experienced team deliver interactive, evidenced-based programmes to equip parents with positive parenting skills. Suitable for parents/carers with children Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Stepping Stones Triple P
Triple P Stepping Stones aims to make parenting children with disabilities easier. Stepping Stones refers to children who have developmental delay and also children who have sensory or physical disabilities. The programme offers suggestions and ideas on positive parenting to help you promote your child’s development.
There is no one right way to be a parent or carer. It is up to each of us to decide what values and skills we would like our children to have and how to teach them . Ultimately, you as a parent need to develop your own approach to dealing with misbehaviour. Stepping Stones has been helpful for many parents and can give you useful ideas to help you meet the challenges of raising a child with a disability.
During your group sessions you will watch segments of A Survival Guide for families with a child who has a disability, with step by step explanations and demonstrations of a variety of parenting strategies. Groups are active and trying things at home means you get more out of the programme.
Six x 2 hour sessions and two x 20 minute telephone call
- Session 1: Introduction and pre evaluation
- Session 2: Positive parenting
- Session 3: Teaching new skills and behaviours
- Session 4: Promoting children’s development
- Session 5: Managing misbehaviour and parenting routines
- Session 6: Planning Ahead
- Session 7 & 8 telephone consultation : Implementing parenting routines 1-2
- Session 9: Programme close and completion of post evaluation
Book our Signalong Foundation course to learn how Signalong can support your child's communication needs;
- It can reduce the frustration and tension experienced not being able to communicate
- Promotes self-esteem, independence and inclusion
- Can help children with glue ear during periods when hearing fades
- It may help your child’s language delay or for children with autism overcome block to developing speech
(includes Phase One Signalong Manual with over 200 signs)
Classroom based training comprising of 15 hours of teaching from our qualified tutors. Homework set weekly which includes revision of signs and recap on sections of the manual completed
The course is usually held over three consecutive weeks. You need to attend each session to complete the training. Assessment is ongoing with a written questionnaire on the final day.
You will receive a Signalong Foundation certificate on successful completion of the assessment and questionnaire.
Signalong © is a sign supporting communication system which has been developed to help children and adults to acquire language skills and to aid where there are communication difficulties.
Signalong is a key word sign-supported communication system based on British sign language and is used in spoken word order. It uses speech, sign, body language, facial expression and voice tone to reference the link between sign and word.
For further information call 020 3373 4047 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have found a range of different organisations, events and services for parents/carers with children with SEND
Find out the latest dates of our classes