Early Start offer a range of strategy workshops and a seminar of the our core offer for professionals working with families
Parenting Strategy Workshop
The Professional strategy workshop was developed to support practitioners who make referrals to the Parenting Team and work directly with families.
The Parenting Team have created a half day workshop in order to orientate professionals working in Newham to the strategies used in Triple P.
The concept is to encourage practitioners to understand Triple P strategies to enable them to support the families they have referred to the Triple P Programme.
It is not a training course for practitioners to be able to deliver the programme
Professional Strategy Workshop Overview
Examine specific strategies used in Group Stepping Stones and Teen.
Triple P Programmes:
- View DVD clips
- Follow workbook exercises
- Incorporate discussions/questions
Upcoming dates for Group:
- 24th April 2019 13:00 - 16:00
- 22nd May 2019 09:00 - 12:00
- 27th June 2019 09:00 - 12:00
If you would like to attend a workshop on Teen or Stepping Stones, please let us know through contact us!
Roles and Referrals
In order to orientate professionals working in Newham to the new offer and how to access services, we would like to invite you to attend a Parenting Programme Professional Seminar.
As a professional there might be times when making a referral to Triple P would be an appropriate course of action to support a family. Please take the following points into consideration and understand yours and the families roles in the referral process:
- When making a referral consider what group would best suit the parent/s needs
- If Triple P is part of a Child Protection plan, Social Workers should observe the parent/s and child to ensure strategies are understood and being put into place
- Consider how families who live apart from their children can but their learning into practice
- Be realistic in regards to changes that can be made
- Ensure families are able to commit to the full programme, groups are challenging and require commitment to be effective
The seminar will cover:
- Triple P Positive Parenting
- Core Principles
- Programme and services available
- How to refer and what is expected
- Time for question and answers
April 24th 09:45 - 11:00
Where to Find Us
Need Some More Information?
To book on please click on contact us here!