What you’ll learn in the Menu Planning training
- The importance of producing nutritious menus in your early years setting
- How to meet the requirements for the provision of healthier, balanced and nutritious food and drink as set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework
- An excellent understanding of how to apply the Eat Better, Start Better voluntary food and drink guidelines
- What details to include on your menus
- How to develop menus that cater for all special dietary requirements (including vegetarian diets, allergies, cultural and religious diets)
- Ideas to celebrate birthdays and special occasions in your setting
- How to create a positive mealtime environment.
Who is this training suitable for?
Early Years Practitioners, such as those working in nurseries and Children Centres, childminders and nannies. For example:
- Nursery staff who: create menus, purchase ingredients, prepare meals and/or snacks
- Children’s Centre staff who: plan snacks, deliver cooking activities
Chefs and catering companies who prepare and develop meals for early years settings.
This training is comprised of information slides and interactive activities.
You’ll be provided with resources to support the development of your menus and eating environment, along with resources to share with families.
Estimated study time 1.5 – 2 hours.
Short multiple choice assessment
Knowledge Development Plan (KDP) to reflect on your learning.
Certificate issued on successful completion of the course and the Knowledge Development Plan (KDP).
£30 inc Vat.