Why Choose Our Training?
- High quality interactive training that supports early years practitioners to provide outstanding nutrition provision
- Designed to reflect the Early Years Foundation Stage and Ofsted Common Inspection Frameworks
- Certified by the Association for Nutrition and developed by experienced registered nutritionists
- Choose between practical classroom based training or interactive online training which can be completed at your own pace and accessed 24/7
- We offer bespoke training- available on request.
Who is the training suitable for?
Our training is suitable for a range of early years professionals such as those working in:
- Children Centres
- Community Health settings such as Health Visiting Services
- Anyone with an interest in learning more about paediatric nutrition such as students and new graduates
Nutrition Training Topics
Our tiered training module allows you to gradually develop your knowledge and build your confidence in promoting key nutrition messages.
The team recognise the importance of giving all children the best start in life and are committed to providing independent, evidence based information across all our training modules. All materials are produced in house by our team of Registered Nutritionist in line with the UNICEF Baby Friendly Code.
Our tier 1 training will provide you with foundation knowledge of health and nutrition in the early years. On completion of the training you will feel confident to apply best practice in your setting and promote healthy eating and physical activity to children and families.
- Food and Nutrition for Infants
- Food and Nutrition for Toddlers
- Physical Activity Guidelines
Our tier 2 training will build on your existing knowledge to further enhance your skills and practice. Our modules cover the following specialist areas of nutrition:
- Fussy Eating
- Food Policy
- Vitamin D and other Micronutrients
- Menu Planning
Our tier 3 training provides you with the evidence based knowledge and resources to deliver focused activities and workshops directly with children and families. These support positive behaviour change to improve oral health, achieve the 5-a-day recommendation and improve cooking confidence.
- Bin the Bottle
- Cooking Skills