What do you need to become a volunteer?
- Be a Newham resident
- Be eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- Be able to complete with Early Start a cleared Disclosure & Barring Service – online Criminal Records Check (free to Newham volunteers) Or Already have a cleared Disclosure & Barring Service – online Criminal Records check which is registered on the update service. You can find out more information from gov.uk
- Complete the Childcare Disqualification Declaration. You can find out more information from gov.uk
- One professional reference
- Attend an informal one to one interview/meeting prior to training
- Commit to attending a minimum of three training sessions
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about early education, building community resilience and an ability to create a fun atmosphere for parents, carers and children (aged pre birth to five)
Contact us for more information or call the Early Start Volunteering Co-ordinator on: 0203 373 0580.