We are looking to recruit a suitably experienced and qualified Deputy Centre Manager from February 2022 for up to 12 months maternity cover. We run a busy Child and Family Contact Centre in E7 working with social workers, foster carers and the children and families who use our services. The majority of our cases are in care proceeding and or the care of the local authority. Your role would be to work with the Centre Manager and Director to ensure the co-ordination and delivery of supervised and community contacts, to quality assure contact reports, to support and supervise staff and overall to implement the child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures.
Benefits of joining us include:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Generous holiday allowance and option to join the local authority pension scheme
- Training, supervision and support
- Childcare discounts/childcare voucher scheme
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Manage referrals and the day to day operations of the contact centre including
- Ensure that the delivery of supervised and community contacts is of a high quality and the welfare of the child is paramount
- Lead planning and review meetings; orientating families to the centre and addressing strengths/concerns; making accurate observations and recordings of the agreements made
- To supervise, manage and appraise staff
- Lead by example and effectively implement the Child Protection and Safeguarding Children Policies and Procedures, working as part of a team.
Experience & Skills Required
- NVQ level 3 or above relevant to working with children and families
- Experience of working with children and families, including as a senior member of staff/manager
- Knowledge/experience of child development and parenting
- Good communication and report writing skills; ideally with previous experience of quality assurance work
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and an annual Childcare Disqualification Disclosure
Should you wish to discuss this role prior to your application please contact email@example.com