We are looking to recruit contact supervisions to our bank of staff who are looking for flexible working arrangements and hours. The centre is open Monday to Saturday, from 10 to 6pm, and Sunday, 10am to 4pm. We are looking for staff cover a range of sessions within these times paid on an hourly basis.
The role of a Family/Children’s Contact Centre Supervisor is to observe contact between children and their parents / carers or other family members, some of whom may be in court proceeding or are in the care of the local authority. The role is to ensure that the contact meeting is a safe and positive space for the child to interaction with their parent/carers/family.
The majority of the contacts take place at our contact centre in Forest Gate. Some take place in the community or in family homes. All contacts are risk assessed and staff receive training and support from the on-site co-ordinators/centre manager. This role is ideal for someone who has skills and experience gained from working with children and families and is looking for flexible work to fit around other commitments.
Experience & Skills Required
- An NVQ level 2/3 in education or social care and or willing to complete in-house training
- Experience of working with children, young people and families
- A good understanding of safeguarding and child development and or willingness to undertake training and develop these skills
- IT literate
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent rate of pay
- Ongoing career development and support
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and an annual Childcare Disqualification Disclosure
- Should you require any help or advice with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com