£ 30.00 incl VAT
Complete this training to learn more about how to plan nutritious menus for your early years setting that meet the Eat Better Start Better guidelines. Explore topics including how to: develop and review your menus, cater for special dietary requirements and support children at mealtimes and create an encouraging dining environment.
Individual: Use this option if you are booking this course for yourself
Group: Use this option if you are booking this course for one or more of your team. We have created a handy user guide on using the Group Leader function (opens in new tab).
What you’ll learn in the Menu Planning training
- The importance of producing nutritious menus in your early years setting to meet the EYFS requirement for the provision of healthier, balanced and nutritious food and drink
- The Eat Better, Start Better food and drink guidelines and recommendations
- How to read food labels
- What information to include on your menus
- How to caters for special dietary requirements- including vegetarian, allergies and cultural and religious requirements
- Ideas to celebrate birthdays and special occasions in your setting
- How to create a positive mealtime environment
Who is this training suitable for?
Early Years Practitioners, such as those working in nurseries and Children Centres, childminders and nannies. For example:
- Nursery staff who: create menus, purchase ingredients, prepare meals and/or snacks
- Children’s Centre staff who: plan snacks, deliver cooking activities
Catering companies who provide food to early years settings.
The training comprises of information slides and interactive activities.
Resources to support your practice and share with families.
Estimated study time 1.5 – 2 hours.
Short multiple choice assessment.
Knowledge Development Plan (KDP) to reflect on your learning.
Certificate issued on successful completion of the course and the Knowledge Development Plan (KDP).
£30 inc Vat.
‘A very thorough and detailed course on the A-Z of menu planning. Thank you to the ESN team!’. Zikra Khan, HENRY – March 2022