Healthy Eating in Pregnancy
£ 30.00 incl VAT
This training has been developed to support Health Care Professionals, such as Health Visitors, Midwifes and GP’s, to learn more about food requirements during pregnancy and why they’re important for both mum and baby. Explore topics including: weight gain recommendations, food and drinks to avoid and supplement requirements.
What you’ll learn in the Healthy Eating in Pregnancy training
- The key dietary messages to communicate to women
- Weight gain guidelines during pregnancy
- Recommendations for key nutrient requirements
- Food safety principles and information on the foods to avoid
- The requirements for supplement use, including Healthy Start
- Nutrition requirements during breastfeeding
- The importance of physical activity during pregnancy.
Who is this training suitable for?
Health professionals, such as: Health Visitors, Midwives, GP’s and Pharmacists.
The training comprises of information slides and interactive activities.
Resources to support your practice and share with families.
This course has been certified by the Association for Nutrition (AfN).
Estimated study time 1.5 – 2 hours.
Short multiple choice assessment.
Knowledge Development Plan (KDP) to reflect on your learning.
Certificate issued on successful completion of the course and the Knowledge Development Plan (KDP).
£30 inc Vat.