Cooking and Learning About Food
£ 30.00 incl VAT
Complete this training to learn more about how to plan and deliver cooking and learning about food activities with children. Explore topics including: the benefits of cooking with young children, how to choose recipes in- line with the Eat Better Start Better guidelines and suitable skills to teach in your early years setting.
What you’ll learn in the Cooking and Learning About Food training
- The benefits of cooking and learning about food activities
- An overview of children’s nutrient requirements
- How to read food labels
- How to choose recipes in-line with the Eat Better Start Better guidelines
- Suitable skills to teach children in the early years
- Key considerations- such as allergy management and food safety
- How to plan cooking activities for children and link to the EYFS framework
- Other activities that support children to learn about food
- Home learning activity ideas
Who is this training suitable for?
Early Years Practitioners, such as those working in nurseries and Children Centres, childminders and nannies.
The training comprises of information slides and interactive activities.
Resources to support your practice and share with families.
Estimated study time 2-2.5 hours hours.
Short multiple choice assessment.
Knowledge Development Plan (KDP) to reflect on your learning.
Certificate issued on successful completion of the course and the Knowledge Development Plan (KDP).
£30 inc Vat.
‘This course was brilliant! The staff were so highly knowledgeable and I learnt so much from completing this course. The use of the quiz’s throughout also kept me engaged‘. Katie Stevens, Nursery Teacher, Meadlands Primary School- March 2021.