What is Triple P
Triple P, which stands for Positive Parenting Programme, is an evidence based parenting programme for all families. It is backed by more than 30 years of continued research. It is designed for mums, dads and carers. As a Parent/Carer Triple P gives you the opportunity to learn and practice new ways to develop the relationship between you and your child. The groups encourage parents to set their own goals and to try out strategies learnt in the group sessions. Parents choose ideas and use strategies that suit their own family needs. The Triple P programme includes methods to promote good behaviour and to managing misbehaviour effectively.
Triple P 5 Key Principles
- Ensuring a safe, interesting environment where children can explore, experiment and develop their skills.
- Creating a positive learning environment by being available when children need help, care or attention.
- Using assertive discipline by being consistent and acting quickly when children misbehave.
- Having realistic expectations for children and yourself as a parent.
- Taking care of yourself as a parent and ensuring your personal needs are met.
For more information, you can visit the Triple P website.