Book our Signalong Foundation course to learn how Signalong can support your child's communication needs:
- It can reduce the frustration and tension experienced not being able to communicate
- Promotes self-esteem, independence and inclusion
- Can help children with glue ear during periods when hearing fades
- It may help your child’s language delay or for children with autism overcome block to developing speech
(includes Phase One Signalong Manual with over 200 signs)
Classroom based training comprising of 15 hours of teaching from our qualified tutors. Homework set weekly which includes revision of signs and recap on sections of the manual completed
The course is usually held over three consecutive weeks. You need to attend each session to complete the training. Assessment is ongoing with a written questionnaire on the final day.
You will receive a Signalong Foundation certificate on successful completion of the assessment and questionnaire.
Signalong © is a sign supporting communication system which has been developed to help children and adults to acquire language skills and to aid where there are communication difficulties.
Signalong is a key word sign-supported communication system based on British sign language and is used in spoken word order. It uses speech, sign, body language, facial expression and voice tone to reference the link between sign and word.
- Tuesdays 21st April - 26th May 9:15am - 12:15pm @Early Start Family Contact Centre, 2 Shrewsbury Road, Forest Gate, E7 8AL
- Wednesdays 23rd September - 2nd December 9:30am - 11:30am @Edith Kerrison Children's Centre, Sophia Road, E16 3PB
Can't Find a Date to Suit You?
If you do not see a date that works for you then you can contact us here and we will add you to our waiting list. We will then get in touch when new groups are available!