Information for Professionals
Roles and Referrals
As a professional there might be times when making a referral to Triple P would be an appropriate course of action to support a family. Please take the following points into consideration and understand yours and the families roles in the referral process:
- When making a referral consider what group would best suit the parent/s needs
- If Triple P is part of a Child Protection plan, Social Workers should observe the parent/s and child to ensure strategies are understood and being put into place
- Consider how families who live apart from their children can but their learning into practice
- Be realistic in regards to changes that can be made
- Ensure families are able to commit to the full programme, groups are challenging and require commitment to be effective
In order to orientate professionals working in Newham to the new offer and how to access services, we would like to invite you to attend a Parenting Programme Professional Seminar.
The seminar will cover:
- Triple P Positive Parenting
- Core Principles
- Programme and services available
- How to refer and what is expected
- Time for question and answers
Dates with availability:
More dates to be announced shortly!
All sessions are for a 9.45am arrival with a 10am start and will last for 1 hour.
The venue is The Shrewsbury Centre, 2 Shrewsbury Road, E7 8AL. Click here for a map and directions.
To reserve a place on one of the above seminars or to arrange a dedicated seminar for your team please contact us here or call us on 0203 373 3101.