Five x 2 hour sessions and two x 20 minute telephone call
Group Triple P supports parents of children aged 18months – 12 years. The programme looks at what positive parenting means, why children behave as they do, setting goals for themselves and their children, keeping track and creating behaviour diaries, how to help children develop, managing misbehaviour planning ahead and using positive parenting.
The Programme includes a DVD and parents are given a workbook that has all the information from the programme. The book can be looked at when the programme has ended and shared with other family member’s. During the programme Parents learn through watching, talking and practicing methods. Between sessions parents are asked to practice methods they have learnt and share their experiences.
The telephone call supports the parent to talk about what Triple P methods they have been using. The Parenting practitioner and the parent look at the plan the parents have set up. Parents are helped to think about how they feel things have been and find their own answers by using their workbooks and understanding from their sessions.
- Session 1: Completion of a Pre Evaluation Form looking at parents strengths, difficulties, parenting style and parents wellbeing
- Session 2: Positive parenting
- Session 3: Promoting children’s development
- Session 4: Managing misbehaviour
- Session 5: Planning ahead
- Session 6 & 7 telephone consultation : Implementing parenting routines 1-2
- Session 8: Program close and completion of post evaluation form
Click here for the latest dates! Already know what group you're after? Then click here to submit your self-referral or if you submitting as a professional click here! For any other queries contact Shrewsbury Centre on 0203 373 3101 or contact us here.