Early Start Parenting Team
The Early Start Parenting Team are currently commissioned by the London Borough of Newham council to deliver a core offer of evidence based parenting programmes designed to meet the needs of parents within the borough.
Triple P Programmes are currently delivered across 58 Host venues within the borough. Venues comprise of Schools, Children Centres, Libraries, Community Centres and Health Centres.
What is on offer
The Early Start Parenting team offer:
- Library Resources
- Tip Sheets
- Positive Parenting Seminar
- Parent Protect
- Discussion Groups
- Group 18 months - 11 years
- Group Teen 12 years - 16 years
- Stepping Stones
- Toilet Training
Please be aware that you must be booked to attend any group and they are not drop-in sessions. Contact us to receive more information and to book your place today.
What is Triple P
Triple P, which stands for Positive Parenting Programme, is an evidence based parenting programme for all families. It is backed by more than 30 years of continued research. It is designed for mums, dads and carers. As a Parent/Carer Triple P gives you the opportunity to learn and practice new ways to develop the relationship between you and your child. The groups encourage parents to set their own goals and to try out strategies learnt in the group sessions. Parents choose ideas and use strategies that suit their own family needs. The Triple P programme includes methods to promote good behaviour and to managing misbehaviour effectively.
Triple P 5 Key Principles
- Ensuring a safe, interesting environment where children can explore, experiment and develop their skills.
- Creating a positive learning environment by being available when children need help, care or attention.
- Using assertive discipline by being consistent and acting quickly when children misbehave.
- Having realistic expectations for children and yourself as a parent.
- Taking care of yourself as a parent and ensuring your personal needs are met.
For more information you can visit the Triple P website.