This September sees the return of the Sugar Smart campaign which encourages local authorities, organisations, workplaces and individuals to reduce the amount of free sugar we eat and drink.
Did you know that children are having over 2 times more sugar than they should be?! They’re getting half their sugar intake from sugary snacks and drinks, so it’s time for some sugar swaps!
This September we’re challenging you to create a dazzling display board that shares top tips and resources that encourage families to be Sugar Smart. We’ll be awarding prizes to settings that:
- Create an eye catching, show stopping display board
- Provide families with simple tips and practical ideas to be Sugar Smart
- Include leaflets and resources for families to take away with them
Display Board Tips:
- Include our Snacks and Drinks tips sheets for smart swap ideas
- Provide information on how to read food labels
- Promote the Be Food Smart App
- Visit the Change4Life website for more information on sugar and swaps
- Provide parents with fun recipe ideas they can make with their children at home. There is lots of inspiration in the recipe section of our website. Don’t forget to ask families to take photos of their creations!
How can we enter?
- Send your entries to email@example.com
- Include a clear picture of your display board, feedback from staff, parents and children outlining what they’ve learnt and any changes they’ve made
- The closing date is Monday 30th September 2019 and winners will be announced w/c 7th October 2019.
Don’t forget to tag the team if you share your creations or activities on social media and mention #SugarSmartSeptember