We love pancakes all year round, so thought we’d create a blog to share our favourite pancake recipes. They’re quick to whip up, delightfully delicious and it’s super easy to vary your toppings!
Making pancakes can also be a fun activity for the whole family, so try to encourage your little ones to help out in the following ways:
- Measuring out the pancake ingredients and adding them to a bowl
- Stirring, mixing and whisking the mixture together
- Once you’ve cooked the pancakes, allow the pans and pancakes to cool. Show children how to flip the pancakes in the pan and let them have a go! Tip- you may need a few spare ones as a few of them may escape the pan and end up on the floor (all part of the fun!)
- Help them to chop up their chosen toppings e.g. berries, banana, cheese, peppers, etc
- Encourage children to make shapes and faces on their pancake. The more creative the better!
Easy Pancake Recipe
Check out our easy pancake batter recipe, for perfect pancakes every time! Don’t forget to take a look at our topping ideas below too!
Feel like jazzing up your pancakes? If so, the pancake recipes below are for you!
Carrot and Sultana Spiced Pancakes
These are so easy to make and are packed full of nutrients. It might seem a little strange adding carrot to your pancake mix, but trust us, it’s delicious! This is a great recipe for the whole family. Just be sure to cut into finger food pieces to make it more manageable for little ones. We suggest serving with some yoghurt for extra deliciousness!
Cheesy Courgette and Sweetcorn Pancakes
This recipe is one of our favourites and can be adapted to include different vegetables. You can even top with yoghurt or keep some grated cheese to the side and use as a topping.
Bouncing Bunny Pancakes
This fun pancake recipe is a fantastic cooking activity to do with your little ones. It will help them to develop basic cooking skills, such as measuring, mixing and chopping and will encourage them to be creative!
Other fun ways to create and decorate your pancakes recipes
- Use cookie cutters to create different shapes and characters
- Use toppings such as fruit, vegetables and yoghurt to create your characters features
- Choose different coloured toppings to make pancakes look colourful and fun
- Create a pancake stack and layer fruit in- between and drizzle over yoghurt for a fun waterfall effect.
- Tomato and mushroom
- Cheese and ham
- Blueberries, banana and plain natural or Greek yoghurt
- Banana, raspberry and peanut butter
- Rhubarb compote with crème fraîche
- Mixed berries with cream cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Cottage cheese, chopped fresh herbs and lemon juice
- Tahini, yoghurt and grated cheese
- Roasted cherry tomatoes and rocket
- Roasted butternut squash with goats cheese and rocket
- Tinned salmon, sliced avocado, fresh chives and lime juice
- Sliced kiwi fruit, passion fruit and natural yoghurt