- Physical activity amongst children in your setting, linking in with the families and staff
- Link in with criteria point 4 of the Health Award.
‘Staff understand the importance of physical activity and encourage children in the setting to be active.’ Refer to the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework. 1.5.
What We Wanted to See:
- Creativity and imagination in promoting physical activity in your setting
- How you encourage all staff and children to get involved
- How you encourage families to continue activity at home
- Fun and enjoyable activities/ groups/ sessions!
- Develop a short session plan – with step by step instructions of running your activity/ group/ session
- Ensure the activity is appropriate for the age range of the children you care for
- Have fun and don’t forget to take pictures of your activity
Well done to everyone who took part in our ‘Wellbeing and Nutrition Award’ Physical Activity Competition!
We had some fantastic entries which made choosing the winner very difficult!
We had a close tie and so we choose a nursery and childminder winner… drumroll please!
1st Place Nursery
The Alphabet House Nursery School Stratford – well done!
The evidence you submitted highlighted how you incorporated all the key elements listed above and the children looked like they had a fantastic time on their trip to Thames Barrier (Sunflowers on Safari) and also doing some yoga moves (African Animal Yoga).
Prize: We will present you with your Certificate and games pack at the next Nursery Managers forum.
1st Place Childminders
Beckton and Royal Docks Childminding Network – well done!
The evidence you submitted highlighted how you incorporated all the key elements listed above and the children and childminders looked like they had a fantastic time at the sports day.
Prize: We will present you with your Certificate and games pack at the next Nursery Managers forum
A special mention for the following settings showcasing fantastic ways activity is promoted across their setting! We will be awarding you with a certificates of achievement!
★ Apple Tree Nursery
★ Manor Pre School
Thanks to everyone that submitted a photo and for being positive in providing children with the opportunity to be active.