With Christmas just around the corner what better way to get into the spirit than doing some fun creative Christmas activities with your little ones? Here are just a few ideas from the Nursery Team!
Brighten up your baubles by adding a splash of paint! Acrylic paint works best with a fine paint brush.
Christmas card making
Send personalised cards to family and friends! We love this simple card idea:
- Fold a A4 piece of card in half
- Cut out a small, medium and large green triangles and stick onto card in ascending order
- Decorate with circle stickers (available in all pound shops), add a star tree topper
Christmas tree hanging decorations
Give your Christmas tree the personal touch with these handmade hanging decorations.
Christmas character tubes
Collect toilet and kitchen rolls. Use paint, stickers, glitter, googly eyes, feathers and pipe cleaners and create your favourite Christmas character!
- Create a Christmas character with coloured card
- Add features and accents like googly eyes and glitter
- Tape onto a craft stick
- Put on a Christmas puppet show!
Cut coloured A4 paper into even strips width length. Take a strip and form a loop and secure with tape, thread another strip of paper through the loop, form a loop and secure again with tape, continue in this fashion until desired length. Hang around the home to give it that festive feel!
Pine cone decorating
Collect pine cones which you can paint and add glitter to. Or roll small pieces of plasticine into balls and stick them onto the cone.
Christmas gift labels
Reuse old Christmas cards by drawing square shapes on the picture side (enough room to add name and Christmas wishes) cut out and use a hole-punch to create a hole in the corner of the square. Thread through a short piece of string and tie the ends together. Label and add to presents!
- Draw a large circle on a piece of paper and a smaller circle in the middle
- Cut out both circles so you are left with a ring
- Decorate with scrunched up tissue paper and stickers
- Create a hole in the top and thread through a piece of string creating a loop
- Hang on tree or on a door
Leave us a comment below on the creative Christmas activities you have done with your family!
For more of our blogs and tips sheets you can check through our archives here!