Please read through the following guidelines that will help you complete the application form.
- Complete all sections of the form.
- Make sure the form is tidy and try to avoid mistakes by writing out a version first to make sure you are happy with the information you are providing. Always read through your final version before you send it.If you require an acknowledgement of your application:
- If emailing you must activate a read receipt from your email account.
- If sending by post you must enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
- Please note with limited resources, we cannot verify if we have received your application over the phone.To complete your application:
- Please type or write clearly in black or blue ink.
- Ensure you clearly state the job title you are applying for.
- In the ‘Employment History’ section you must state why you have left a position.
- Always explain any gaps in work history.
- Proof of qualifications and membership to professional bodies may be required.ReferencesWe will take up professional references once you have been interviewed and provisionally offered the post. Please make sure that you have given the full contact details of your referees so that this does not delay processing reference requests.
If you have no employer references, we will take up references with named individuals at colleges where you have studied, or people who know you in a professional capacity. Please do not put down family members or people you live with as referees.
You will only be confirmed in the post once we are satisfied with the information received from your referees.
The 'Why you feel you are suitable for this position' part of the form is called your supporting statement. It is the most important part of the application form.
You should consider the following:
- Applications can only be assessed on the information you provide. You need to clearly demonstrate your capabilities.
- You need to explain how you meet each of the person specification points and provide examples from your previous experience. Do not forget to present this in relation to the job description.
- Often the strongest applications are those that link the three elements highlighted above and are presented in a clear format (e.g. numbered points that correspond to person specification).
- We expect your supporting statement to be a minimum of ¾ of a side of A4 and a maximum of 2 sides.
- Use concise, unambiguous sentences and avoid exaggerations.
- Honesty is always the best policy; please do not make false claims.
- If you are making a career change, stress what skills are transferable to the role you are applying for.
- Ensure you return your application in good time before the closing date - aim for the day before the deadline.
- Use concise, unambiguous sentences and avoid exaggerations.Finally, good luck with your application and thank you for your interest in Early Start.