Food and Nutrition for Infants
Book our Food and Nutrition for Infants to learn more about:
- The importance of developing healthy eating habits in the early years
- Information on breastfeeding and formula feeding, such as safe preparation and storage
- The recommended age to introduce solid foods
- Suitable foods to offer in the first year, considering texture and finger foods
- Tops tips to encourage infants to explore new foods
- Suitable drinks and when to introduce the cup
- Vitamin recommendations
- The key messages to promote in your setting and helpful resources
The training comprises of information slides and activities which you can work through at your own pace (estimated study time 1.5 – 2 hours).
There will be a short assessment at the end of the training with a pass rate of 90%. On completion of the training you will be able to access to a Knowledge Development Plan (KDP) template where you can reflect on your learning and map how you will use them in your practice. You will find this on your ‘My Learning Page’ under completed courses. This is also where you will be able to review the course material.
Certificate issued on successful completion of the course and the Knowledge Development Plan (KDP).