What you’ll learn in the Developing a Food Policy training
- The importance of a Food Policy and its role in supporting your early years setting in achieving best practice
- How to reflect the EYFS 2021 reforms on healthy eating and safe food preparation in your policy
- How to reflect the Eat Better Start Better food and drink guidelines in your policy
- The key topics to include in your Food Policy, such as: your food and drink provision, eating environments, managing special dietary requirements, learning about food and celebrating birthdays and special occasions
- How to put an action plan in place to promote your policy and obtain feedback.
Who is this training suitable for?
Early Years Practitioners, such as those working in nurseries, Children Centres and childminders. For example:
- Nursery managers and staff who are involved in developing policies
- Children’s Centre managers and staff who are involved in developing policies.
The training comprises of information slides and interactive activities.
Resources to support you in developing and reviewing your food policy.
Estimated study time 1.5 – 2 hours.
Short multiple choice assessment.
Knowledge Development Plan (KDP) to reflect on your learning.
Certificate issued on successful completion of the course and the Knowledge Development Plan (KDP).
£30 inc Vat