Early Start began in 2000, when it operated the local Sure Start programme in the London Borough of Newham developing Children’s Centres and support services for children and families.
As the needs of the community, and the direction of governments, has changed so has our offer to families. We have continued to provide play and communication services to the under 5s as well as diversified to provide:
- Early Years education and care through our nurseries
- Opened a Family Contact Centre in 2015
- Parenting Courses, Family Support & Training
- Well-being & Nutrition training for early years practitioners
- A Health Award Scheme for Nursery settings, Childminders and Children’s Centres
- Volunteer Scheme
In 2012 we began the journey to become a social enterprise to make us financially self-sustaining, to develop Early Start Education as an Employee Trust and to continue our focus on high quality and customer service. In 2017, our organisation has re-launched as The Early Start Group & Early Start Education Ltd.
Our Vision and Values
Vision - To be an established provider of high quality early education, family support and training services. Delivered by a committed and skilled workforce, that achieve positive outcomes for children, families and professionals.
Our Mission is to build value for our shareholders and social value within the communities we work. To deliver with integrity and a strong focus on quality in a competitive market.
Our Core Values are to:
- Deliver high quality services
- Offer superior customer care
- Empower leaders to innovate and drive results
- Ensure our polices and processes are customer and employee friendly
- Demonstrate honesty, care and integrity in all our relationships